What’s Upnext? It’s like a school Counselor in your back pocket.
UpNext helps you plan for college with text messages about:
- Finding and choosing schools
- Prepping and sending your applications
- Finding money for college
- Student Loan repayment and more
Our goal is to help you and other students across the country during the college application process and beyond. We will continue to text you throughout the spring semester as you make your college decision and throughout your summer as you transition into college.
We will even text you during your first year of college to offer encouragement and tips about how to make the most of your college experience.
Have you received a text about preparing for college?
You have been selected to receive text messages from Better Make Room. The Better Make Room campaign is a part of Common App and administers UpNext. UpNext is a free college support tool offered to high school seniors and first-year college students across the country. This personalized support tool focuses on all things college – college search and application, federal student aid/scholarships, and how to prepare for college success.
Who’s texting you?
Unlike other texting campaigns, UpNext text messages are not sent by a bot; instead, messages are individually sent by college students in Washington, DC. Many of our Near-Peer Mentors are first-generation, low income, minority students from a variety of states and countries, representing a wide range of academic disciplines at American University, Howard University, Georgetown University, and The George Washington University.
For more specific and detailed questions, we also have trained college coaches from the College Advising Corps who provide additional support. These counselors are a great resource and are readily available to assist you — all via text message!
- Check in with your professor to learn more about your school’s student success center or tutoring department
- Tips for college
Financial Aid Resources:
- Submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid can give you access to billions of federal and state dollars
- If your school participates, you must complete the CSS profile to access institutional aid
- FREE ONLINE RESOURCES ABOUT COLLEGE FINANCIAL AID
- Search for scholarships at other organizations both nationally and locally